Dieselgate collusion? What can a driver do in an autonomous bus?
Hello and welcome to Overdrive, where we mull over issues to do with cars and transport.
I’m David Brown
And in this program, we take a look at the latest news stories including:
- EU investigating diesel collusion among Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, VW: report
- Chinese tech giant Baidu taps Microsoft to expand development of self-driving cars
- Start-up electric car company Lucid Motors is looking for buyers: is it Faraday Future 2.0?
- Automakers rally to kill proposed border tax
- ‘It’s shocking’: Victoria’s worrying culture of aggressive driving
We have a lovely chat about Rolls Royce’s image. Are they trying to cover more than just the elite?
And we look at the Darwin experience of driverless busses with drivers still on board. If they are not driving what useful things can they do?
We have a couple of reflections on the planning of our cities from a recent forum.
And in our panel discussion with Brian Smith and Errol Smith we take a jolly look at stories including:
- A working 6-speed gearbox made of Legos
- TrainyMcTrainface: New train in Sweden named as ‘revenge for BoatyMcBoatface’
Have a question or comment? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally aired on 29 July 2017. For past programs and individual segments visit www.drivenmedia.com.au