Welcome to Overdrive, a program whose dogma is the love of everything to do with motoring and transport.
This audio file features a full program. Other extended segments of the program, including the road test and panel discussion are also available on the website.
In this program we look at news stories from around the world:
- Australia strikes free trade deal with Japan, but car prices may not go down
- New Holden chief aims to overtake Toyota by 2020
- GM Holden issues second recall for Cruze car with same fault
- Two More Recalls Push General Motors to 4.8 Million recalls in A Month
- European Commission says electric cars must make noise
- Traffic Congestion Is Growing Three Times As Fast As U.S. Economy
We discuss what it takes to start a Lamborghini dealership
We road test the delightful Mercedes CLA45
In our panel discussion with Brian Smith we chat about:
- A woman who stabbed her husband for worshiping the American racing series NASCAR. How do you worship a car racing series?
- One of the great bus stop pranks. Overdrive is not a great fan of pranks but in this case it is a beauty. They convert on end of a bus shelter to a screen that shows the streetscape thus making the end of the shelter look like a pane of glass. They then super impose images into the video such as a giant octopus escaping from the drains or lions walking down the street.