Hello this is overdrive a program with an infatuation about trains, planes and automobiles .
I’m David Brown
This program and extended segments of the feature interview, road test and panel discussion are also available on the website.
In this program we look at news stories from around the world including:
1. US plans to introduce car safety overhaul while General Motors recalls another 8.4m cars
2. Cuban car sale restrictions lifted results in boom – 50 cars in 6 months!!!
3. Government versus real life fuel consumption figures.
4. Driverless Cars For $10,000? This Startup Is Challenging Google With A Simple Sensor
5. Toyota to offer fuel-cell car for $73,000
6. One-armed cyclist wins against police concerns over roadworthiness of his bike
We road test the Nissan Pathfinder
And in our panel discussion with Errol Smith and Brian Smith we chat about a range of subjects including:
1. State of origin
2. VW, boxed out of World Cup on TV, finds way to target fans in U.S.
3. Pranksters start up tank on monument (Ukraine – I think every time as a kid I climbed onto a tank/tractor/whatever in a park, I wished it would do that)
Have a question or comment? Send it to email@example.com
Now let’s get to the program.