Hello and welcome to Overdrive, a program that looks at the fantasises and fallacies of anything to do with motoring and transport.
And in this program we look at news stories including:
- Apple gets vocal on self-driving cars/ Congress revs up debate over self-driving cars
- Samoa transport minister defends rules on old cars
- This Roller Guardrail Seems Brilliant, Except For One Major Problem
- Oslo Offers Citizens $1,200 to Buy an E-Bike
- Government ‘nudge unit’ to take on complex problems (like nudging people to travel outside of peak times)
We have a chat with the new CEO of the Australian road research board. Sounds like it could be a very academic organisation but Michael Caltabiano has a clear vision of making as helpful as possible to you and to me.
We road test the Mercedes GLC – as an SUV wagon and as a coupe
And in our panel discussion with Brian Smith and Errol Smith we take a light-hearted look at stories including:
- Sweden trains midwives in car births after maternity ward to be closed
- Canada homeless charity uses car as pop-up for homeless campaign
- London’s annual No Trousers day on the Tube
- Canadian police ride the bus to catch cellphone-using car drivers
Have a question or comment? Send it to email@example.com
You can listen to longer segments of the each of the features by going to our web site at drivenmedia.com.au or podcast the whole program on iTunes or your favourite podcast service.
Originally aired on 18 February 2017. For past programs and individual segments visit http://drivenmedia.com.au/wp/